Monday 25 June 2012

St. Moriz Self Tanning Lotion and Velvotan Mitt

St. Moriz Self Tanning Lotion ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Velvotan Self Tan Applicator Mitt  ★ ★ ★

This fake tan gets 5 stars for numerous reasons.  I spotted this on the shelf in Wilkinsons the other day when looking for something to try out my new Velvotan Tanning Mitt with. I thought at £3, it was definitely worth a pop!

St. Moriz Self Tanning Lotion
When you first put the tan on it does immediately make your skin look darker which is good for an immediate effect. It also develops slightly more over night, leaving you looking even more glowing in the morning.

The colour is great, not fake/orange looking at all, and with the help of the mitt and pre-moisturising elbows, knees etc. I came out very even with no patches what-so-ever. I am naturally quite fair, so it is hard to find a tan that doesn't look too OTT and comes out smoothly.

I'll be interested in trying the mousse or the spray next time and seeing if they give the same great results.

As for the Velvotan Mitt, I've put this as a 'three star' for 2 reasons, however, if I could get half a star, I'd probably call it a 3.5. First of all the mitt does feel slightly rough on the more sensitive areas of your skin - this is probably me being really picky though! Anyway, the main downside for me is that a lot of your fake tan gets soaked into the mitt. I have previously used disposable vinyl gloves and you use nowhere near as much tan as you do with the mitt. In spite of this, the mitt does give a smooth unpatchy application and it's handy you can put it in the washing machine.

Velvotan Self Tan Application Mitt
Happy tanning! (We need it with all this rain in the UK at the mo :))


1 comment:

  1. I have used the St Moritz mouse and I think it is great. As you said it provides a very even colour and I dont feel it looks fake or orange at all. x

    ReplyDelete

She Said Beauty