Tuesday 11 September 2012

Gel "Gellux" Manicure

Gel manicures have been getting more and more popular over the past year or so. Rather than the acrylic extensions that I usually go for when I have special occasions to attend, I decided to give these a go for my holiday to the Algarve.

gel, gellux, manicure, pedicure, pink
Absolutely loved the finish on them. They are nice and thick so protect your nails from breaking and don't chip. Well mine did chip a little, but the manicurist did warn me this would happen if I was in and out of the pool a lot. I suppose them getting wet so often is not going to help them last.

One did fall off during the week long holiday, but luckily I selected a colour of which I have a similar nail varnish so I was able to get away with painting it. (You wouldn't notice unless you looked up close.) Again, I believe it fell off due to my endless use of the swimming pool. But that's what holidays are for after all!
gel, gellux, manicure, pedicure, hot pink

Overall, I'd definitely recommend a gel manicure and I will be having one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty