Sunday 28 October 2012

A classy stripe - nail art with decorative tape

A little while ago I came across this picture on Instagram:

I thought it looked like a really classy manicure and wondered how they got the silver lines looking so crisp and straight. Then one day, whilst browsing on eBay, I discovered the answer - nail art tape!

I ordered a set of 10 different colours from Hong Kong for the bargainous price of £1, and they took a couple of weeks to arrive.

When they arrived I had just painted my nails blue the day before, so I picked the red tape as I thought it would go nicely against the blue. I hastily watched a couple of videos on YouTube on how to use the tape and set off on my "easy" hand.

It is very tricky to do on yourself, particularly cutting it close to the edge of the nail. If you aren't careful you will pull the tape to a funny angle or even completely off.

After sticking the tape on, you need to put a top coat of nail varnish to seal it. I liked the look a lot! What do you think?


I only got round to doing one hand as my boyfriend came round for dinner. I was going to try do the other hand after, but disappointingly the tape had completely come off one finger and was peeling at the edges on 2 other fingers. This may be down to the fact that I used a matte finish top coat rather than a normal one, so I'll have to give it another go at a later date when I've got a bit of time (this is not a quick mani by any means).

Update
Black and gold version:


1 comment:

She Said Beauty