Sunday 22 September 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection review

I have finally got myself some Real Techniques brushes, the Core Collection kit to be precise. I've been wanting some decent brushes for ages, but as usual for me it takes getting a 20% discount code for me to actually part with my money. I got them from www.hqhair.com but you can also get them from Boots, Superdrug and other websites.


The core collection contains four face brushes; buffing, contour, pointed foundation and detailer.

The brushes are so lovely and soft and have a nice chunky handle to hold so they feel great to use. They also come in a case that can turn into a stand so are great for travelling with.



I have tried them all and have differing opinions on each. Firstly the positives; I love the buffing and contour brushes. They do exactly what they say on the tin (or plastic packaging) and they are really luxurious to use. Now the detailing brush, I could take it or leave it. I used it with concealer round my eyes and whilst it did the job, I think I could have done an equally good job, if not quicker with my finger. 

My least favourite is the foundation brush. In my opinion it is just too small. It took me ages to spread my foundation out using it and it wasn't looking very even. So I ended up taking my beauty blender to even things out and basically fix the mess the brush made. Harsh but true. I will try it again with a different foundation, but I think this will go mainly unused.

So, there you have it. My fairly brief ramblings on Real Techniques Core Collection. Do you have this collection, how do you find it? Or do you have one of the other kits? Let me know by commenting below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty