Tuesday 15 August 2017

Invisalign update (aligner 10/24)

A couple of weeks ago I went back to Pure Orthodontics for a check up and to collect my next few aligners. They took some update photographs and polished up some staining around the attachments and had a look at the progress. The ortho was really happy and said I could start wearing each aligner for one week instead of two. I am so excited about this as it is going to speed up my treatment from what I thought was going to be 48 weeks, to potentially only 30. This also means I will be due to finish at the end of November this year rather than it carrying on into next year.

So how has it been? It has been absolutely fine. All the anxieties I had about brushing my teeth at work or in public were not needed. It is a bit of a hassle but I do it and it is not a problem really. I can definitely see that movement has happened. The two teeth that are either side of my front teeth that bothered me most as no longer sticking out so much. Looking at the video plan of my treatment all of my teeth are being pushed out to create room then will be pulled back in to form a nice straight line. The down side is that at the moment I know my front two teeth have been pushed out a bit and especially with the aligners on I feel very 'toothy'. But hopefully when they get moved back in I will be happy.



If Invisalign is something you are considering but putting off, I'd definitely recommend you to just go for it. The sooner you start, the sooner you finish!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. Invisalign used to be used only for simple cases. Patients love Invisalign . And its love to see you happy about the report of your Orthodontics. I want to tell my cousin she endeavors, it and didn't like it, inasmuch as they looked yellowy if there was any nourishment lodged and you could tell they were in, it was embarrassing to take out in public places.

    ReplyDelete

She Said Beauty